Women’s Dress Code
There are other rules that make up Islamic dress for men and women. For instance, women should not wear clothes that imitate men’s clothing, like shirt and ties. And their clothing should not be transparent or tight fitting where the outline of their figures is visible.
So let’s go over the basics of a woman’s Islamic dress:
- Must cover the entire body except hands and face. Covering the face with a Niqab is optional and perhaps even preferred.
- Must wear a khimar that covers the head, neck and bosom.
- Should wear a jilbab that enshrouds the entire body and covers any open spots.
- Clothing must not be tight or transparent. Wearing such clothing defeats the purpose of covering the body.
- Women must wear hijab in front of all non-Mahram men.